Higher Education Pathway

If you have higher education experience your highest level of study since leaving secondary education is a higher education course, such as a university degree.


If you are already studying in a higher education course at another provider or university and wish to transfer to a SCEI-HE undergraduate course, this is also you.


You may have completed the first year of an undergraduate course at another higher education provider, or university, and have the results of that completed year; or, you may have completed a 1, 2 or 3 year higher education course of study.

Under this category of entry, you will:

The minimum English language requirement for entry to a SCEI-HE undergraduate course is IELTS 6.0, or equivalent.If you have received a diploma, or higher, that was delivered entirely in the English language, you haveautomatically satisfied SCEI-HE English language requirements.

  • Have complete a course of higher education study at another higher education provider, or university, leading to a higher education Diploma qualification, an Associate Degree or a full Bachelor Degree or higher
  • Have satisfactorily completed the first year of an Associate Degree or Bachelor, with evidence of results
  • Have completed, or are engaged in, another form of higher education that you can provide evidence of
  • Sit an interview with a course instructor or enrolment officer to determine your readiness to enrol in the desired course of higher education.

Special Requirements

For some courses, you need to have specific knowledge of certain subjects to gain entry. Please check the specific entry requirements for the course you are interested in.

Your chosen undergraduate course may require a certain level of Maths and/or English. Be prepared to offer evidence of all the studies you have undertaken and transcripts of the results of those qualifications.