Student Support

SCEI-HE understands that student experiences are as equally important as education outcomes, and more often than not, the student’s personal experience and academic performance are interdependent. We provide our students with a comprehensive range of support services and facilities in order to ensure that student well being is at its highest possible level.


Student support and student welfare are specifically supported by SCEI HE’s Student Welfare Coordinator and Support Officers.

Description of Student Support Services

Student Administration

The Student Administration Team are your one stop shop for :

  • Enrolments
  • Credit and RPL applications
  • Questions relating to your course
  • Printing academic transcripts
    Putting you in contact with your teaching department, IT support
  • Library services
  • Updating your personal details
  • Public Transport Victoria Concession Card Applications
  • Printing enrolment confirmation information
  • Campus information
  • Where to find timetable information
  • Information relating to where to find SCEI-HE policies and procedures

The Student Administration team can be found at :

SCEI-HE Melbourne Campus

41 Boundary Road
Mon – Thurs 8.30am – 4.30pm and Fri 8.30am-4pm


Course Administration:

Disability Services

We respect and respond to those with learning difficulties, disabilities and/or impairments and will offer them the same rights and opportunities as other students who do not have special needs. This will include the opportunity to perform and complete assessments by reasonable adjustments. This may include modifying the learning environment or making changes to the teaching methods.

You will need to advise SCEI-HE in advance and provide documentation of any disabilities that may affect your progress prior to commencement of your course.

You will work with our Academic Support Coordinator who will work with lecturers and identify the best ways to support you whilst you are a student at SCEI-HE.

Lecturers are required to make reasonable adjustments to teaching arrangements, assessment and/or materials and access to assist these students with their learning.

Contact the Academic Support Coordinator for information about the disability services we can provide you :

SCEI-HE Melbourne Campus

41 Boundary Road
8.30am – 4.30pm
Email :

English Language and Academic Study Support

SCEI-HE is committed to ensuring equity in education by helping students who have specific learning difficulties and/or disabilities gain their qualification. SCEI-HE assists students in acquiring the knowledge, skills and understandings which will enable them to engage fully and succeed in their studies.

Specialised learning supports include developing your English Language and your academic skills. We believe in your success and helping you fulfil your potential.
You may want to come along and join.

There is a range of support on campus or online :

  • Individual academic support sessions
  • Weekly academic support
  • sessions and workshops
    English tutoring classes

Resources to help you write your assignments is available through Moodle

  • Academic Integrity
  • Report writing
  • Referencing
  • How to use the Library database to find articles for your assessments
  • Time Management

The Academic Study Coordinator works with Academics in class to support your learning.

The Academic Support Coordinator can be contacted at :

SCEI-HE Melbourne Campus
41 Boundary Road
8.30am – 4.30pm


Student accommodation across Australia’s capital cities is plentiful. International students generally may be able to organise accommodation through their agents. Specific agencies within city areas do cater for student accommodation, which includes Backpackers, Hotels, Hostels, Units and shared housing. The following link hosted by our partner organization provides more information about accommodation in Australia :

At SCEI-HE, we are committed to providing you with a safe and inclusive environment. We take incidents of discrimination, harassment and bullying very seriously. If you have been impacted by these issues, please get in touch and we’ll provide you with support and advice. Talk to our counsellor or a lecturer.

What you can do

  • Know your rights
  • Lodge a complaint – refer to our complaints and grievances policy and process
  • Contact the Fair Work Commission – 1300 799 675
  • If you feel safe and confident, approach the person who is bullying you and tell them that their behaviour is unwanted and not acceptable
  • Ask a friend to help you talk to the bully

Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission

The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission offers free, impartial confidential information. They are located at Level 3, 204 Lygon Street, Carlton, VIC 3053.
You can also contact them using the details below :

Advice Line  1300 292 153
TTY 300 289 621


SCEI-HE is committed to supporting the wellbeing of our students. You can access our free and confidential counselling service whenever you need. Our counsellor is experienced in supporting people with a variety of issues.

We all have to work through our problems at various stages in our lives. Talking to someone can help you overcome or better deal with your issue so you can get on with enjoying life and your studies again.

When should I see a counsellor?

Whenever you decide that you are ready. It is your decision to share your personal challenges to a trained professional. The first session can be just about getting to know the counsellor’s work and setting up a goal on what you would like to work on.

Some appointments can be a one-off, and the counsellor would ask the student if they would like a follow-up session to check on progress.

Sometimes problems creep up and it’s difficult to know what to do. You may find it difficult to talk to your friends or family about it. In these situations, talking to a counsellor is highly beneficial. If you’re beginning to feel stuck, uncertain, worried, or have any other personal issue you want to discuss with an impartial and supportive professional, you can make a free appointment to see our counsellors.

Personal Issues

Our counsellor can help with personal issues such as study stress, family and relationship problems, domestic violence, grief & loss, feeling homesick, loneliness, advice about making an important decision and much more.

Careers and job search support

While you are still a student with us, our counsellor can provide additional support for your mental health as you plan and apply for job vacancies. We can help validate the stress you may be experiencing and provide you with support in managing your anxiety or response to the interview or application outcome.

SCEI-HE offers a quiet room at its campuses for students to use.

The four key steps SCEI-HE uses to address Student Complaints, Grievance and Appeals are as follows : 1.Local-level resolution Wherever appropriate and applicable, student complaints should be addressed locally through :
  • The department, or service area of SCEI-HE; or
  • Your international agent Note : SCEI-HE acknowledges that there may be instances where this step is not appropriate or applicable, for example, if a student does not feel comfortable doing so.
2. Written Complaint If resolution at a local level cannot be achieved or is not appropriate or applicable, you may lodge a Complaint.
  • Lodge a complaint using the HEFO04 Student Complaint and Grievance Form complaints and send to
  • You will hear from a relevant staff member within 10 working days. Note: If a complaint is submitted anonymously, it will impact Melbourne Polytechnic’s ability to seek further information and to progress the complaint.
3. Request an Internal Appeal If, after the complaint has been investigated, you are unhappy with the process or outcome of the decision, you can request an internal review of the decision by a senior staff member.
  • Send an email to within 10 working days of the date of the decision.
4. Request an External Review If you are unhappy with the process or outcome of the internal appeal, you can request an external review of the decision by an independent body, appointed by the CE, and paid for by Melbourne Polytechnic.
  • Send an email to within 10 working days of the date of the decision.
If you have a complaint, please try to address your issue through our internal processes, outlined in the following documents on the Policies and Procedures page (under Student Support) :
  • HEPP03 Student Complaint and Grievance Policy and Procedure
  • Student Complaints and Appeals Procedure
Note: If you have a complaint that involves sexual harassment or complaints involving equal opportunity issues (including harassment and bullying) please refer to our Student Equal Opportunity, Discrimination and Harassment Policy. You can access our policies here : Policies and Procedures.

You can seek support and assistance throughout the student complaints process from the following sources :

  • Teaching staff can provide information about the Student Complaints and Appeals Policy & associated Procedure
  • Student Services can give you information and advice about the complaints process
  • Counsellors and Academic Support can give you information and advice about the complaints process, offer can offer confidential emotional support (our counsellors do not provide legal advice)

A Support Person can accompany you to any meetings (however, this person does not act as an advocate). This can be a friend or a family member.

  • All parties are entitled to confidentiality in a complaints process, and it is important that you do not publicly name the person you have lodged a complaint against.
  • Please consult the information in our Student Complaints and Appeals Policy and the associated Student Complaints and Appeals Procedure (see also roles and responsibilities of a Student Complainant, as outlined in Appendix C of the procedure).

You can access our policies and procedure here : Policies and Procedures

Complaints about harassment or discrimination

Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission


Level 3, 204 Lygon Street, Carlton 3053

1300 891 848

Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission

HREOC (Federal)
GPO Box 5218, Sydney 2001

1300 656 419

Complaints about internal policies or proceduresOmbudsman Victoria
Level 2,
570 Bourke Street
Melbourne 3000
Ombudsman Victoria
online complaints form1800 806 314
Complaints about the quality of a higher education course

Complaints Officer

GPO Box 1672
Melbourne 3001 739 585

Complaints in relation to Student HELP Loans for Higher Education students

1800 020 108


Student HELP Loan Enquiry Form

SCEI-HE provides all students with access to :

  • Personal counselling
  • Student welfare
  • Student legal services
  • Academic progress
  • eCounselling
  • Official Student Association and special interest student groups
  • After-hours student support (Malaysia)
  • Referral to legal services
  • Referral to accommodation services
  • Referral to emergency services and support
  • Advice on health services and insurance
  • Disability services
  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support groups and services
  • Chaplain services
  • Muslim prayer rooms and multi-faith spaces
  • Living and studying in Australia information seminars
  • Mature age student support groups
  • Student advocacy
  • Student-life and money management information seminars
  • English language and academic writing workshops
  • Cross-cultural awareness information seminars
  • Time management and study habit workshops

Need further assistance ?

Contact our student welfare team.